Help! My kids are (about to be) Teenagers!
Parenting teenagers is one of the most challenging and rewarding tasks that you might ever do. Wherever you are on your parenting journey – about to enter the teen years or in the middle of them already – please join us for Family Night at SJYM starting in January.
Starting January 11 and running every Monday for five weeks until February 8, you can share some food and engage in relaxed conversation about parenting, and meet other people in the midst of their own parenting journeys.
We’ll gather at 7:00 p.m. for a light supper of soup and salad. At 7:30 we’ll use the Alpha Parenting Teenagers course to structure our conversation about the joys and challenges of raising teenagers. The course is designed for parents of children aged 11 to 18 and includes:
- Changes that happen in adolescence
- Pressures on adolescents
- The importance of home as a place of safety and acceptance
- Using “love languages” to express feelings
- Differences in how adults and teenagers communicate
- The importance of boundaries
- Tips on managing anger, both for you and your teen
- Resolving conflicts
- Helping teenagers see and make choices for the long term
There is still space for enrollment and there is no cost to participate. If you are interested, please contact Tim Taylor in person or at email@example.com.
Chantal’s Homework Club
At the same time as the course, Chantal will be running the Homework Club in the Youth Room. Parents, while you’re at the course, your children are welcome to attend the Homework Club.